The Bible is a vast and unique treasury of wisdom, written over a period of 1500 years by 40 authors on 3 continents. The history and prophecy of the Bible are unparalleled in human culture. But the Bible is much more than that. It is the inspired Word of God. We believe that it is important to summarize these beliefs into a bite-size and retainable system that can be shared with unbelievers.
1. The Sovereignty of God. We believe the Jehovoh God created and sustains the vast universe, from the largest galaxy to the smallest cell.
2. The Deity of Christ. We believe that Jesus is God’s Son, whose death, burial and resurrection, have redeemed mankind for the sin and death.
3. The Authority of Scripture. We believe the Bible to be inspired Word of God, the singular document of divine revelation, truth without error and sufficient for all Christian guidance
4. The Reality of Sin. I believe that sin is a curse upon all creation, and is the result of man’s fall from Grace and the work of Satan.
5. The Necessity of Salvation. I believe that salvation is an act of God’s elective grace, activated by the willful, faith-filled confession of the humble man or woman, with the effect of bringing eternal life and spirit
Feel free to ask the Pastor or one of the leaders to help you understand the importance of each of these components which constitute our understanding of God’s universal greatness and His personal love for each of us.
GOD’S PLAN for mankind from the beginning was fellowship with him and fulfillment for him. Jeremiah 29:11 says, ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.’
MAN’S PROBLEM throughout the centuries has been hereditary, willful separation from God which began with Adam’s first sin in the garden. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” The separation between God and man could not be spanned by religion or good works or morality or the church.
GOD’S REMEDY for this unreachable chasm between God and man could only be filled by God’s son Jesus. Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Jesus was the only person in human history who could give His life for our sins. We call His death, burial and resurrection THE GOSPEL because it is the bridge between heaven and earth.
1) Accept the fact that God has a plan for your life.
2) Accept the fact that you have inherited a spiritual problem called sin.
3) Accept the fact that the only remedy for this disease called sin is Jesus,
who died on a Roman cross 2000 years ago, and then rose from the dead.
Romans 10:9 says, “if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
How can we help? If you have questions about Cornerstone or would like to ask the pastor questions just send us a message below.